This weekend our Pacific Youth and Sports Conference delegates met for the first time. Their Training Weekend was held in Auckland, and hosted by Papatoetoe High School.
The delegates’ conference will focus on ways in which sport can be used to make positive change in health, education and social inclusion outcomes in their communities. To help them understand these issues in a New Zealand context, they were joined by a number of experts over the course of the weekend.
Other highlights included team building (building spaghetti and marshmallow towers), learning about effective fundraising, a morning sports session, and brainstorming in the delegation’s project groups.
The Institute would like to extend its special thanks to the following speakers:
- Peter Gall, Principal, Papatoetoe High School
- Franck Castillo, Oceania Football Confederation
- Julie Watson, Human Rights Commission
- Rennie Qin, Medical Students for Global Awareness
- Phill Parker, Coever Coaching / Aotearoa Football Charitable Trust
- Kern Mangan-Walker, Generation Zero
- Sally Wu, UN Youth
For their awesome support, thanks too to: